Wednesday, April 27, 2005

What I'm reading

I've decided to change the format of my blog a tiny bit. On the sidebar where I used to list what I was reading I'm now listing what I'm knitting. I'm going to share what I'm reading as a post. This way, I will be able to go back through past posts and see what I was reading when. If I ever get to work as a librarian again, it's useful to remember books you've read, because you never know when someone is going to ask for "a good book" or "a book like so-and-so" or "what was the best book you read recently?"

So, today I am starting The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. While I have read and enjoyed Lewis before (Mere Christianity is a favorite and I just read The Screwtape Letters this spring), the only fiction book I've read by him is Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold. I love children's literature, but I've never read the Chronicles of Narnia. (The Magician's Nephew is book 1, although I believe it was the last written. It's the prequel, I guess.)

Hopefully, I'll like it.

1 comment:

SarahVi said...

don't forget about the new disney movie on narnia:
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/