Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Socks! (Rib and Cable and Cotton Surf)

Last week, I finally finished my first pair of knit socks! These are the Rib and Cable Socks from the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits. I think I started them back in November. I finished the first one sometime after my surgery, when I was doing a lot of sitting around recovering. Then I didn't pick them up again until maybe two weeks ago? The second one was much faster to knit than the first. I also knit the second at much looser gauge than the first.


When I first started knitting, I thought I would never want to knit socks. Silly, I thought (of course, I was living in Florida at the time). But I've been won over. They're fun and quick! So I started another pair. When Matt was away the week before last he picked up some sock yarn for me. Regia Cotton Surf in colorway 5411.
I started these Saturday night using the Knitpicks Toe-up Socks on two circs.

The toes look so pointy, but once I put them on, they look pretty cute. They're going very quickly, so expect to see them finished in not too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the foot modeling. Also the socks are darling. Love, Mom