Monday, January 19, 2009

Two firsts...

I've really enjoyed having today off work; I'm tired and I didn't get everything done that I wanted to get done (that's never going to happen again in my life, is it?), but I had good times with Cadence. Today we also got to see my friend Laurie and her boys. Cadence seemed to enjoy all their cool toys.

Yesterday my friend Lydia and her son Jacob came to visit. We're calling this Cadence's first playdate, and our visit with the boys today her second. She's been to visit Laurie and the boys before, but I think she was only 7 weeks old and didn't do much playing. And, even now, playing is laying on the floor next to her buddy, like this.

Then, tonight she ate rice cereal. Just a tad. She liked the spoon. She seemed to want to hold it and gum it. Most of the cereal ended up on her chin and her pants, but I think there was some swallowing too.


We're going on a cruise this week to celebrate my Nana and Dado's 60th wedding anniversary, so Cadie's going to have a lot more firsts. First airplane ride, first visit to Florida, first time on a boat, first time visiting another country!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What busy,exciting times for our little granddaughter! So happy that we will be together later this week.

Love, Mom (Nana)

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip, take lots of pictures and tell us all about it when you get back. Enjoy that Rice Cereal baby!
Love,
Dassa

Anonymous said...

i love the jacob and cadence picture! can you send me the ones you took? you know I'm a sucker for pictures. it was so good to get to see you, matt and cadence. i love you, i can't wait to see you again, and i'm praying for you in all that's going on in your life!
- Lydia

Janna said...

I look forward to reading and seeing pictures about your cruise. Yeah for the milestone of getting to have the rice cereal.