Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Cadie has moved up to the Ones class

There is big doings for our girl this week. She "visited" the ones class at daycare yesterday, which just meant Matt dropped her off at the infants class and they walked her down the hall to her new class. She did really well, eating at a little table instead of her high chair, and sleeping on a cot instead of a crib. Making new friends and participating in music and art time too!

Today she was not quite as excited when I took her directly to the Ones room. There was a little bit of whimpering and holding on to Mama's neck. But then I walked her over to the table where her breakfast was waiting, took off her jacket, and got her seated, and she started chowing down. She's a girl after my own heart; getting to eat a biscuit really helps in a scary situation.

We had a problem with the internet at home, so no recent pictures until that gets fixed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes--a biscuit or any other wonderful food item! I'm right there with both of you--my girls!So glad the transition is going ok--I'm still praying.

Love, Mom (Nana)

Anonymous said...

New experiences are scary sometimes, now she is not the older but the younger again. Papa and I will pray this gets easier for her. Hugs to our sweet girl!
Love,
Dassa

The Partin Family said...

Isn't it so hard that first time you drop her off in the big girl class? I remember that I was stunned that my little girl would have to sit in a chair and sleep on a cot--I was determined she wouldn't be able to do it! But she did! I am so proud of Cadie! What a big girl! I hope you all have a great day!