Wednesday, September 30, 2015

what we're loving now {September 2015}

*The American Girl movies.  We've watched Kit Kitteridge, Samantha: An American Girl Holiday, and Molly: An American Girl on the Homefront, and Felicity, thanks to a 4 DVD collection from the local library.  They are a little complicated for Piper, but the history is appealing and not too scary.  Also, they prompted some interesting questions about serious issues.  And, Cadence decided she wants to be Felicity for Halloween.


*Cinnamon apples.  Piper will eat apples that aren't cut, but ever since her first loose tooth, Cadence won't.  I'm finally able to send them in her lunch due to this super easy trick - simply cut an apple and sprinkle the slices with cinnamon.  They are delicious and any browning is unnoticeable.  I got the idea from Foodlets here.


*The bus that takes the girls and their friends to school.   Honestly, I don't know that the girls are so excited about the bus, but they haven't complained.  Mainly, I LOVE having extra time, especially in the mornings.  I can drop the girls off, eat breakfast in the dining hall if I want, or head home and get some chores done.

Piper on the bus!
*Pumpkin spice Oreos.  We bought a pack last weekend and we all loved them.  Thankfully it was a small pack; we polished them off quickly and now they are out of our system.  Maybe. Let's hope.

*For the Love by Jen Hatmaker.  It's making me laugh out loud, it's making me think.  There's just nothing like grace.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Thank you for sharing these special things in your lives! Miss you!

Dassa said...

Sweet up date! I am so glad the girls are enjoying the American Girl doll movies. I enjoyed watching a few with them too. Good idea for the apples. I'll have to try that too.
Love,
Papa and Dassa