Monday, February 06, 2006

Still recovering...

Well, Mom just left an hour and a half ago and I'm already bored. Of course, I'm also exhausted, so there's not really much I can do about that. Before I left the hospital, the doctor said recovering from an appendectomy is like my body running a 5k race everyday for a few weeks. So I run out of energy really quickly.

Last night I was worrying about work and didn't sleep well at all. Mom took me in to the office for just over an hour this morning (I can't drive until tomorrow) to take care of the loose ends I was worrying about and I feel much better about that.

I also noticed yesterday that I had a little rash on my stomach. Years ago, when I was working at a summer camp, I got a bad rash from a pain reliever. So I have been going a little easier on the meds to avoid a full rash problem. I'm not sure about this, because it puts me in more pain. Today the rash seems to be gone, so I'm taking ibuprofen every 4 hours regularly.

I hope that I may be able to go back to work a bit later this week. I am grateful for the time to rest, but this obviously isn't how I wanted it to happen. I'm also grateful for all my concerned loved ones who have called or sent things to cheer me up, especially Matt and my Mom, who have worked so hard around the house.

No comments: