Sunday, March 26, 2006

Charmkins

I had a flashback to my 80s childhood today. At church, I noticed a nice smell (probably someone's perfume or lotion) that reminded me of something. After a minute, I realized that the smell was exactly like the scent of one of my charmkins. Charmkins!

Charmkins were really great little tiny scented dolls that I loved. They were maybe an inch tall and they all had flower or plant themes and names. Each Charmkin came with some wearable item to be displayed from, like a necklace or a barrette. I really hope my mom still has my collection because they were so great. I wish I had them right now to look at.

Anyway, I think this is going to be something I collect. I imagine they are hard to find, but I am going to start checking thrift stores and garage sales when I have opportunity. It's so nice to think back to the fun times I had playing with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They may be in the attic. I'll check up there before it gets too hot.
Love, Mom