Friday, October 13, 2006

Back, with stripey tote goodness to share

We did go to Florida and I'm feeling fine, though not so much like a vacation happened. Just like something else got checked off the To Do list. The weather is gorgeous though. Lots to be thankful for.

And I'm finally getting around to showing off a knitting project I finished about a month ago. It's the felted striped tote from the book One Skein by Leigh Radford. I liked the pattern, although I messed around with the stripe pattern and sizing a bit. It took just over three weeks to knit, felt, and dry, while working on other projects at the same time. I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in five colors - chocolate, chestnut, cloud, blueberry, and chambray.

Here it is before going into the washer for felting.
(Book for scale).

And after felting, it wasn't drastically smaller.
(Again, book for scale.)


I think it's very cute for fall.

No comments: