I know we have to sell our current house before I should get too excited about a new one, but I can't help it. It's on my mind this lunch hour. Maybe a list of what we'd like in our new home would be nice, huh? Here goes:
1. Clothesline. I don't know why I am fairly obsessed with this (happy childhood memories? desire to save energy?), but I really, really want one. It doesn't have to come with the house; we can put one in.
2. Garage. I'm spoiled - I don't want to scrape ice off my windshield or unload groceries in the rain.
3. Trees. A moderate amount. An I'll-know-it-when-I-see-it amount. Because, here, we've suffered the curse of the dread oak leaves. We suffer half the year for the other half to be beautifully green. Surely there's a compromise.
4. Front porch. Just a small one will do, thanks.
5. An extra space - a basement or dining room or extra bedroom - to become a music studio (that's Matt's dream), or a knitting/sewing/crafting space (that's my dream), or a library/office (we'd both like that).
6. 3rd (or 4th) bedroom. Because what we'd really like in our new home is to settle in, stay awhile, and be a family.