Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thankful #3

(This post is late - it was supposed to be on Saturday.)

Today I'm thankful for Madeleine L'Engle. I discovered while reading School Library Journal yesterday that she died in September and I missed it. She became one of my favorite authors in college, even though I still haven't read all her books.

I'd especially recommend Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art.

I spoke with her on the phone once, in college, as part of my Christianity and the Arts class. She seemed like a great lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I miss it? You put me onto one of my favorites. After you let me browse through Walking on Water, I went and read all the fiction I could get my hands on. I still won't let any of her books slip through my hands when I'm browsing Good Will.

I would love to hear from you sometime. It seems you have some awesome news!

Love, Lydia