Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Cadie is 3 weeks old today





I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since this little girl came into our lives. She is a delight, although she's all but given up napping during the day - she just does little dozes for 10 minutes or so. This is hard for me, since I'm on my own with her now. Unfortunately, she cries when I put her down a lot of time. Sometimes I have to let her cry (because, you know, I do have to eat and use the restroom) which makes me feel guilty. The books we've read have emphasized that you can't spoil a newborn and that I should respond quickly when she cries so that she knows her needs will be met. I'm trying to do that as much as possible, but sometimes she has to cry a little bit. Hence, the pictures. Anyway, tonight I had to put her down to throw together a sandwich for dinner, and she cried pretty good for a few minutes then fell fast asleep, so I think she'll be fine.

We actually ended up going to the pediatrician today because we were concerned about her umbilical cord stump, which is taking it's sweet time to fall off. Turns out, everything is fine - we can actually swab it with alcohol a lot more aggressively than we have been. The doctor said sometimes it can take up to 6 or 8 weeks for some stubborn stumps to fall off. That's a lot of sponge baths.

Tomorrow is Matt's day off so we're looking forward to some fun family time and hopefully more pictures!

No comments: