Monday, August 15, 2005

blogging during my lunch break...

I love that I have a lunch break in which to blog.

So, we bought a house on Friday. We handed over the largest check I've ever seen and signed a bunch of papers and then we moved in. Now we (we includes my mom, who is here to help out with stuff) are living with a bunch of boxes everywhere and I'm really looking forward to getting home so I can get things settled.

We went to IKEA last night and bought this, this, and two of these in dark brown. That's a TV armoire and three bookshelves. There was supposed to be a coffee table purchase as well, but they were out of stock. We'll have to go back for it.

The bad news: the a/c is still out in my car because it would cost $600 to fix it. I'm just not willing to spend that much on my little car. Besides, it'll get cooler in a couple months.

And I promise, house pictures are coming as soon as we find the cord for the camera.

1 comment:

lydiecita said...

Hey! What pretty furniture! I'll get to see it in a couple of days!

Re: my trip

I think I'll leave early Saturday morning and stay Saturday and go to church with you two (if possible). Then I'll head back on Saturday afternoon/night. Chris wants to do something Friday night with our friends Brandon and Tirzah, more people who we never see often enough.

Please let me know if this works for you. Unlike me, addicted to blogging, you can send me an email, hopefully with driving directions included.

I love you!