Sunday, April 18, 2010

Our first veggie garden disappointment (and some cute pics)



We're been working outside...Cadie's work basically consists of keeping her hat on and carrying her Elmo ball around. Matt's working on redoing the beds at the front of our house.

I've been working on my veggies. My tomato and pepper sprouts are doing great; the zucchini looks good. I'm not really sure how everything else is - we've got sprouts but they don't seem to be growing as quickly as they should.

It was time to harvest the radishes this week. I dug them up to find...nothing. All scraggly roots, no radishes. Seriously disappointing. See? We had a couple of weirdly hot days that I think must have messed them up. Boo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those cute gardener pics! Our girls are beautiful! But sorry about those wimpy radishes--the other veggies will come.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What a cutey! Both of you. Sorry about the radishes! I know she loves her elmo ball!!
Love,
Dassa