Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crafting for Baby Girl #2, pt. 1

Baby girl #2's due date is 10 weeks from today.  During those 10 weeks, we are going out of town some and, oh yeah, moving to the house next door once renovations are complete.  We probably should be packing more than we are.  I know that the unpacking is really the time consuming part of a move though, so I feel like I need to complete some projects for baby girl NOW.

I took a few hours on Monday and Tuesday to make a nursing cover.  (I used one borrowed from a friend in High Point with Cadence, so we needed one, and they cost like $25!  Crazy!)  I used this tutorial from Sew Much Ado.


I had this fabric in my stash.  When we first moved to NC I worked in downtown Greensboro and happened upon a vintage store that was closing or moving and got a big grocery sack of vintage fabric for only $5.  This was one of the pieces and it was the perfect size for this project.  I had the d-rings on hand too, so all I had to buy was boning for the neck area, which was all of $.62 and the blue thread, which was less than $2 at Wal-Mart.


I am pleased with the result and now need to get going with some knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!! You did a really good job. It looks as good, or better, than the borrowed one you had. Love the way this works so you can see the baby. Great job!
I am enjoying sewing for baby girl #1 and #2 now myself.
Love,
Dassa

Susan said...

Looks wonderful. You have inspired me to get sewing.I am going to be making one for my daughter-in-love.

By now you've been able to use your cover quite a bit. :)