Monday, March 14, 2005

the mystery of the twist tie

Yesterday, Matt grilled hot dogs in our George Foreman grill. One of the features of our grill is a bun warmer, so that while your hot dogs are cooking, the hot dog buns get warmed up as well.

While the dogs are grilling and the buns are warming, we start clearing off the counter where we had been making preparations. But when Matt picked up the bag of hot dog buns, the twist tie was missing. We searched the counter and then I showed Matt the drawer where I keep extras. We continued setting the table and gathering condiments until the food was ready.

Matt is getting the buns out of the warmer when he starts laughing and calls me over to show me the missing twist tie impressed into the bottom of a bun! Sometimes I wonder if it's safe for me to let him into the kitchen...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to let him in the kitchen!!--So he can make all those great "Man with a Can" recipes and, of course, his wonderful white sauce. Plus you can laugh together which is very healthy!!