Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Felt flower hair clip

Matt laughed at me the other night when I sadly told him I just didn't seem to have as much time to get things done as I thought I would, what with being a stay-at-home mom and all...I think the problem is I have too much I want to do and we just need to take things one day at a time.

Anyway, I have actually completed some projects this week, the first (and easiest, and quickest) of which is this hair clip for Cadence. We seem to have lost the black hair bow I made for her around last Christmas, and she needed something cute and not-pastel to go with her Halloween outfits. (Yes, she has Halloween outfits - not something I would have bought myself, but we got some adorable hand-me-downs.)

It was super easy. I was sort of inspired by the instructions here at Skip to My Lou, except I simplified them. I found a scrap of glittery black felt in my craft supplies and fudged two flowers from a template I had. I just had to make sure the larger flower was bigger than the barrette clip. I didn't want too much glitter so I flipped the smaller flower over to just plain black.

To fit the flower to the clip, you just fold the larger flower in half and make two small slits just long enough for the clip to slide through.
Then I sewed the button (vintage, found in the stash from my Nana's sewing desk) to the smaller flower and sewed the smaller flower to the larger. Done!

Cadence has recently become opposed to having her picture taken, so the best action shots I could get were these, taken while she was strapped in her booster seat at lunch.


Edited to add: I linked up this project over at Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrapup Party.
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative and wonderful instructions--plus cute pics of the anti-photo girl! Do enjoy one day at a time--the projects will get crossed off your list.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Too cute! We miss you all!

Anonymous said...

You are becoming so creative!!
Love the hair bow.
Our little lady bug is adorable in any pose. You will find that you will accomplish the important things each day and if you didn't have time to do something; it will be there tomorrow.
Love,
Dassa