Friday, October 22, 2010

Yesterday's craft project: felt cookies

Felt crafting continues around here as I made Cadie three little pretend cookies while she was playing yesterday. I've learned if I'm making something for her, she's content to have me sit by and not actually play with her, just so long as I'm there and we can talk. I just rummaged through my scrap felt and sewed up some circles - one is embellished with french knots, and one has a smaller circle of pink frosting. I stuffed them with some fiberfill I also found in my craft supplies - I think it must have been from a pair of her baby shoes? Anyway, they were a hit. She shared them with her farm duck.


Oh, and we had to have cookies because on Wednesday, this arrived! And I put it together myself! I used some of Cadie's birthday money to order this wooden play kitchen and she loves it! Whenever I ask her what she wants to do for these last couple of days, she says "Play in my play kitchen."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Cadie and the cookies, and I think the play kitchen is marvelous. Cadie will enjoy many, many hours of creative play with it.

Love,
Dadder

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THESE!! I wasn't able to see the cookies on skype very well, so didn't realize you had made them!! Awesome!! There isn't anything you can't do.
We and Cadie are so blessed.
Love,
Dassa