Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween decorating

These were projects I finished last week. Somehow this week zoomed by in a blur - I'm not sure why. Anyway, we are blessed with a big front porch that I haven't done much with - YET. I have some great ideas for turning it into a really nice spot for our family and friends. Right now, it's jazzed up a bit for Halloween.My parents brought us this old rocker and the table is from ikea. We used to have it in our family room, but there's not a place for it inside our house here. I sprayed it with a clearcoat sealant before we moved it outside.
The chair needs to be painted or something too, but I haven't figured that out yet.
I made a cover for an old pillow form we had. Matt's mom brought me several yards of this orange home dec weight fabric, and Halloween is the perfect use for it. A plain orange cover was not enough, so I did some quick zigzags across, then sewed on a fabric yo-yo in dark grey corduroy, topped with a fabric flower made of scraps from that orange fabric.
I had a dollar store wreath form too - I have no idea how some of this stuff has ended up in my craft supplies! Anyway, I sewed a black line through the middle of a strip of the orange fabric and wrapped it around. Topped off with more fabric yo-yos and some buttons!

This morning we take Cadie trick-or-treating, and possibly on a hayride! Pictures to come!

Edited to add: I linked these projects up to the weekend wrap-up party at Tatertots and Jello.
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend  wrap    up           party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How creative you are --sweet daughter! Love the decorations. I may need to let you look through my unused craft supplies sometime when you visit here. You can put them to much better use!

Love, Mom

P.S. Have fun today!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Everything on your porch looks so good. I am glad you were able to find a good use for the Orange fabric. I knew you would!!
I absolutely LOVE the rocker and table on your front porch. It looks so inviting. I think all your neighbors will want to stop in and rest on your pretty front porch. We can't wait to see it.
Love, Papa and Dassa

Corinna said...

Okay, that pillow is fabulous! It would have been pretty with just the simple flower, but those zig zags really make it pop! Great idea!

Corinna

Emilie said...

That looks great! I love the wreath - you could adapt that for so many other holidays too! Very nice!